Instrument for dissolved hydrogen measurement
The determination of dissolved hydrogen concentrations is one of the most important parameters for the analysis and control of water in power plants, wastewater and process water. Due to its high chemical reactivity and rapid transfer concentrations between the liquid samples and the gas phase, the measurement of dissolved H2 is difficult despite careful sampling.
Accurate and reliable in-situ determination of concentrations is pos- sible with MS08-H2 for fixed or portable measurements. The integrated micro-sensor H2 allows fast measurement with very high resolution in colored, turbid and sediment waters. The MS08 system collects raw H2and temperature information to perform the compensation calculations and display the dissolved H2 concentration in mg/l.
The MS08-H2 is designed for portable measurements (approximately 12 hours of battery life) and can also be connected to a 220VAC power outlet for continuous measurements.
Dissolved H2 measurement can be done with 2 probes type:
- The MS08 device for a portable or laboratory measurement. This kit is composed by a data reading box and 2 linked probes. The titanium probe contains the H2 amperometric micro-sensor and the other probe is a temperature sensor.
- The CTD48 system for an online application in the environment. This probes integrate several sensors in the head. The titanium protection cage contains the H2 amperometric micro-sensor, a pH sensor and a temperature sensor. It can also be completed by a pressure sensor. Measurement data are operated by the embedded electronic in the probe’s body. A CTD48M version is also available for the data recording.
The dissolved hydrogen passes through the gas permeable membrane. It diffuses to the working electrode where an electrochemical oxidation reaction takes place. The generated current, proportional to the hydrogen concentration, is measured by the probe.
This current from 0 to 400 picoamperes is converted and operated by the MS08, the measurement data are compensated using the temperature measurement.
- Monitoring and protection of wastewater networks
- Start-up control of power plants
- industrial process control
- Immersed measurement without sampling
- No interference with thurbidity
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Portable / laboratory and continuous measurements
- Data display on screen
- Extracting data to computier via USB
|Measurement principle||Amperometric measurement with T° compensation|
|Measurement ranges||- type I : 0,0002 ... 0,5 mg/l H₂|
- type II : 0,0004 ... 1 mg/l H₂
- type III : 0,0008 ... 2 mg/l H₂
- type IV : 0,001 ... 3 mg/l H₂
|Measurement resolutions||- type I : 0,1 µg/l H₂|
- type IV : 0,4 µg/l H₂
|Accuracy||2 % of the measured value|
|Response time||T 90% 2 seconds|
|Interferences on measurement||no interference in salt water up to 40 g/l of salt|
|H₂S sensibility||May lead to measurement errors and / or reduced life of the micro-sensor if permanent high concentration|
|Micro-sensor H2 lifetime||6 months in portable use, 10 in continuous (depends on stress by pH variations)|
|Power supply||6 batteries Mignon / 220 VAC, charger supplied|
|Housing material||H2 probe - titanium / temperature sensor - plastic|
|Dimensions (d x L)||H2S probe - 17 mm x 205 mm / temperature - 12 mm x 120 mm|
|Interface||data display on integrated screen - H2 (mg/l) / T° values|
RS-232 / USB (option) to a computer, software not provided, free download type «HYPERTERMINAL»
String ASCII / 2 seconds
Conversion by the software for access to Lotus 1-2-3 or Excel calculation software
|Maintenance||Distilled water cleaning of the measuring diaphragm after every use|
|Medium / sample temperature||0 ... + 30 ° C (40 ° C possible with a specific calibration on request)|